Interview with Cole Pryor - Singer, Songwriter & Music Producer about Starting as a Musician, & His Upcoming Single 'Girl Underwater' Releasing on April 30th!




Today we chat with Singer, Songwriter, and Music Producer, Cole Pryor. Besides his inspirations, journey as a musician, and tips for future musicians, he shares the exciting information about his upcoming "Girl Underwater" the lead single off his debut EP "Perspective" available on April 30th, 2021! Spotify Pre-Save link here & Visit Colepryormusic.com for more information! 

  Q. 1 Thank you for the interview opportunity Cole! Please tell us about yourself and your work so that readers will get to know you better. 

  Cole: Not a problem!! Thank you for the interview! Well my name of course is Cole Pryor, I am a 24 year old singer, songwriter, and producer from Columbus Ohio, USA! I am an Alternative pop artist, right now we’re doing promo for my new single Girl Underwater which is set to
release on April 30th on all streaming platforms! I am an advocate for domestic violence, as I grew up with a father who mentally, and physically abused my family for my entire life. I am also an advocate for mental health issues. My goal is to inspire others to pursue a healthier life after experiencing trauma. To not let trauma define you, but instead use it as your greatest weapon to pursue a better life! 

  Q. 2 How did your journey as a musician begin? Which was your first instrument that you learned or used? 

  Cole: Well when I was a child I played guitar and bass, but I never took them seriously. It didn’t click for me. My Dad and brother were both drummers, so when I was 13 I got my first drum set. To say it stuck is an understatement! I practiced all the time! Practicing rudiments, and learning different songs! My best friend and I got into playing music at the same time so we formed a band and that was where my love of music began! But my Dad didn’t see music as a career so I never got to become serious about it. My band at the time was doing great, we played a battle of the bands and won! But my dad caused the band to break up and I didn’t focus on music anymore after that. After his passing In 2017, my love for music resurfaced, I began working with a vocal coach, learning piano, leaning to write, and worked with music industry veterans and because of them I was able to write, produce, and co-mix my first record! 

  Q. 3 What or who inspires you as a musician, and a singer? How do you continue to be creative, and passionate about your work? 

Cole: My biggest inspiration has always been the trauma that me and my family endured with my dad over the course of my lifetime. Songwriting truly was how I processed my emotions. It also help me to better understand my trauma. It gave me such insight into myself and my situation. I think everybody has the potential to be creative, but it takes discipline to sit down and really dig into those creative feelings and be willing to acknowledge them. I would say I remain passionate because I am a very driven individual. But also, I remain passionate because I truly want to inspire others to be themselves, and to help people who have endured traumatic experiences . To show them that no matter what happens in life, no matter what obstacles you’ve had to overcome, that life will get better! You have the power to shape your destiny, and I want everyone to remember to ALWAYS be themselves! 

  Q. 4 Which challenges did you face during your career, and what lessons did you learn by overcoming the challenges? 

Cole: Well my career is really just beginning! But I would say my biggest struggle even to this day is believing in myself. We are all our own worst enemies, and our own worst critics! But I have learned through all of this that kindness, and self love really go a long way. If we don’t believe in ourselves how can we expect others to believe in us. I try to remind myself every day that I- I am enough. I am by no means perfect, and I still have bad days but I’m much kinder to myself than I use to be! 



  Q. 5 Besides making music and singing, what other hobbies interest you? 

Cole: Anyone who follows my social media pages know I am a Pokémon fanatic!! Pokémon is probably one of the most important things in my life! I’m also an anime lover, gamer, and animal lover! When I’m not making music I am working at my day job as an animal nutritionist. I’ve got dogs, reptiles, and fish! So I love spending time with my animals! But overall, I’m a big nerd! 

  Q. 6 Which of your music releases in the past would you consider as your best work? 

  Cole: Girl Underwater will be my first original release. In the past I’ve done covers that I have been proud of but nothing compares to releasing original music. When reviewing my record to decide which song would go first as the lead single, I knew Girl Underwater was going to be the lead single! From the moment it was written I knew it. There are a few songs off my EP that people really gravitated towards. Girl Underwater was one of them. I am extremely proud of my entire EP, but it’s the songs that really resonate with people that I’m most proud of! But you’ll have to wait to here those songs once my EP Perspective comes out later this year! 

  Q. 7 What is the best way to start as a musician, and a singer for anyone interested in entering the music industry? 

  Cole: Honestly my advice to anyone who wants to become a musician is to just do it. It takes lots of discipline and practice but it’s worth it! Just go out and buy a cheap piano, guitar, or drum set and just sit in your room and practice and practice and practice. Then once you do that go find some other local musicians and collaborate with them. Find opportunities to learn from others soak up all the knowledge that you possibly can! I am by no means a successful artist but all I can say is that it is truly hard work but it is work worth doing! If you are wanting to become a singer the best advice I can give you is find a vocal coach! Not just any vocal coach, but one that truly understands the voice and how it works. My last bit of advice would be to not try to be like somebody else. I know it’s easy to get stuck in that mindset but if you just focus on your story and focus on who you are your true artist will shine through. 




  Q. 8 What or who inspired you to create your upcoming single Girl Underwater that’s going to release on April 30th, 2021? Is there any deep meaning behind the song which the listeners need to know about? 

  Cole: The inspiration behind this song is my Mom. This song documents her story of domestic abuse, it is the first chapter of my record! It’s where our story begins. This is a energetic alternative pop song! But it also deals with heavy subject matter that is extremely personal to my family.

  Q. 9 Considering the current pandemic situation, what challenges did you face as a musician, and how did you overcome it? Do you think the live concerts will ever return or the virtual events seem like the future for now? 

  Cole: Honestly I have had it pretty easy compared to other musicians. Since I am a relatively new artist I haven’t had my livelihood taken away for me. I can’t imagine what artists who relied on performing are going through right now. My heart breaks for the venues that are having to close their doors due to lack of business. Music is something that truly brings people together so I hate seeing the state live music is in! This pandemic has definitely caused my plans to change, and that has made things a little difficult. It also caused my record to get delayed multiple times. As for virtual concerts, I think it just depends on the artist. I definitely think that it has open the door to some truly creative performances especially from much bigger artist. It gives us smaller musicians a chance to connect with musicians and fans. I do think that live concerts will return, at least I hope they do! As much as I love seeing virtual concerts from all levels of artists, nothing beats a live concert! 

  Q. 10 Finally, why would you consider your upcoming Single as a must listen? Is there anything else you would like to share with the readers about the Single, about your work, or anything else? 

  Cole: I would say this song is a must listen if you want to know my story, I think Girl Underwater is the best introduction to my music and to me as an artist. I hope that people will check out Girl Underwater when it drops ! I’ve poured my heart and soul into my music! I have kept my story quiet for many years, but I am finally ready to share my story with the world! 

  Thank you so much for your time and for answering all the questions Cole. I wish you and your upcoming Single a lot of success 

  Cole: Absolutely! Thank you so much for the opportunity and for your amazing questions. If you guys want more information about me, head to my website at colepryormusic.com there you can find information about me, my music, and all the links to my social media accounts. Be on the lookout for my debut EP Perspective which is coming later this year! And make sure to check out the lead single off Perspective, Girl Underwater and the music video when they drops on April 30th! Take care everyone be safe! 



Find Cole Pryor on all your favorite social media platforms!


Instagram - cole.pryor.music 

Facebook - Cole Pryor

Twitter - @music_pryor


Contact Cole Pryor - Colepryormusic@yahoo.com


-----------------------

Thank you for reading! All rights to the images & poem text belong to Paul Dulski (c) 2017- 2021. 

* GET STRESS FREE through Animation, memes, and comedy, check out Christian Neace YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbCXGpNNx_qT7SiutTjKH-Q His Twitter- https://twitter.com/MothaPuncha

* Get Vintage Stuff from Perihelion's Esty Shop- https://www.etsy.com/shop/PerihelionsEmporium & FREE TO WATCH Horror Film "Smiling Woman" here- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBYGUn6Q7tQ Her Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/merlyndasol/ Her Music Videos Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWHhcyxua2vGlhWs6JMP33Q CAST her in your film- [Backstage Profile]- https://www.backstage.com/u/merlynda-sol/ KNOW YOUR FUTURE through Merlynda Sol's Mistral Tarot YouTube - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjBKg5qPRleUKa2jMfhkbig/featured

* Get your name here by becoming my Patreon member for as low as $1 :-- https://www.patreon.com/DarshD555 * Make a one time donation via PAYPAL & Get your name in outro & pinned comment for 1 Month ($1 / INR70), Name + Marketing help for $3 , Your Channel Trailer uploaded once ($5). My PayPal- https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/DarshD555

All DarshD Links- https://linktr.ee/darshd555

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Paul Dulski and M.J. Myers - Creators of From Beyond… The Killer Popcorn Monster Horror Comic

How to make the best decisions in life?

How To Concentrate & Avoid Social Media Distractions, FOMO (Fear OF Missing Out)