Inspiring Interview with Cole Pryor about life, music career & Free Me From My Mind Single ft. Momantic Releasing on July 16th!

 




Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer, and an advocate for the victims of domestic abuse, animal rights, mental health, Cole Pryor has the next Single releasing on July 16th 2021 on Spotify, SoundCloud & all streaming platforms which also features the talented singer Momantic! It is the second single from his EP Cole Pryor Perspective releasing on August 13th 2021! (Music jargon- EP stands for extended play, a musical recording which is popularly understood as shorter than a full album (about four to seven tracks))

  In this inspiring interview, Cole talks about his journey as a singer, his hobbies, his goals, his tips for young singer and what inspires him as an artist!

Free From My Mind is available for pre-save for free! Click here!

Official Reveal Trailer:-



From Cole Pryor YouTube Channel

The Interview:-


Darsh:- Q. 1) Cole, thank you for giving your time for another interview with me!  Please tell us about yourself and your work so that new readers can get to know you better!


Cole:- Absolutely! Thank you for having me again!! Well to anyone who doesn’t know me hi I’m Cole Pryor! I’m a alternative artist based in Memphis TN. My new EP Perspective drops on August 13th which documents the story of my family’s past. My father mentally and physically abused my family for all of my life. When he passed in 2017 I was finally free from  the chains he placed on me and was free to finally live my life. I’m an advocate for domestic abuse and want to give victims of domestic abuse a voice and spread awareness of these issues and shed some light on what these victims go through. I am also an advocate for Mental health, as well as an animal rights advocate.


                                                     Photo by Heidi Kaden on Unsplash


Q. 2) What or who inspired you to become a singer, songwriter and musician?


Cole: Definitely the passing of my father in 2017. I’ve always loved music, I was a drummer before anything else, I’ve been in many bands and always loved the idea of creating music. But because of my father, I was too insecure to become a full time musician. Once he passed my Mother told me and my older brother we were free to do whatever we wanted in this life, and she would back us 100%. I chose to pursue music. I began working for years on becoming a producer, a better vocalist, and a songwriter. My family has been what keeps me going and inspires me every day. My mentor and vocal coach has also been an inspiration to me. She taught me to dig deep and discover my inner artist and discover what I truly wanted to say as an artist.


Q. 3) Who are some of your favorite singers and musicians? Who would you like to meet in person someday?


Cole: I’m inspired by so many musicians. But the biggest for me have to be Lady Gaga, Halsey, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Linkin Park, Rina Sawayama, The Kings Of Leon, and Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters. These are artist who have inspired my music and artistry. These are artists I’d love to one day be able to sit down and have a conversation with and just share a beer with. 




Q. 4) If given a chance, would you consider touring as a singer in future? Which places (Within USA and even overseas) are on your bucket list for traveling in general?


Cole: One hundred percent!! Touring is GOING to happen. Once I have everything set up and ready to go I will be touring! If I could play anywhere overseas I’d say Japan for sure, I’m such a fan of Japanese media. So to be able to go and perform there would be such an amazing experience. But I would love to travel all over and perform wherever anyone would have me!


Q. 5) Besides your singing, songwriting and music, which other projects are you excited about?


Cole: Well I just moved back to Memphis TN which is where I grew up, my lifelong friends and family are here so being able to be in the same city as these people and starting a new life is a huge project for me. I feel like my life is starting to take shape for the first time since my Dad passed away, so I look towards to future with optimism!


Q. 6) What keeps you motivated to do your work and what advice would you give to singers & musicians who just started their career?


Cole: Loving what I do keeps me motivated, but also having something to say and something I’m passionate about keeps me going. I’ve gotten to share my story with people since the release of first single Girl Underwater, and it has opened up so many conversations with people I’ve never met, but also people I’ve known for years. My advice to any musician would be find what it is that inspires you to create. Something I’ve learned from my mentor is that we all have a story, something that drives us! Find your why, and  use that to guide every choice you make as an artist.


Q. 7) What is the ultimate goal and dream for you? What inspired you to set this goal? 


Cole: I’ve definitely got goals but I usually don’t dwell on them to much. It may sound pessimistic, but I chose to not set my expectations to high. That way I’m never disappointed and I always end up achieving more than I expected I would. All I want is to be able to live a life as a musician and to keep doing it for the rest of my life. It doesn’t mean I don’t have dreams but I always try to base my goals on realistic expectations! My family is who inspired me to set this goal. Without them, I would have not gotten as far as I have! 





Q. 8) Your upcoming 2nd single off EP Perspective called "Free Me From My Mind" (feat. Momantic) releasing on July 16th is brilliant and well written.. What inspired you to write that song and how was the experience working on it, especially, collaborating with Momantic? 


Cole: This song was a particularly easy song to write. I think especially during the Covid-19 pandemic, mental health issues have become more widely noticed so I think listeners will resonate with the track.  I wrote this song during a time where my mental health was at its lowest. I had unresolved trauma from my past and I took time to focus on my mental health. I sat down one day at my piano and this song came pouring out. Mo was actually a writer on a lot of songs off my EP! We’ve been working together writing songs for a few years now, I knew once I had the first half of this song done she had to be on it. She too had been struggling with her mental health and I think for both of us this experience was a way to help each other through a difficult time. Mo is an extremely talented writing and was it was such a fun and amazing experience getting to collab with her on this track!


Q. 9) Which genre of music would you like to work on besides your current one? Which genre is your favorite as a creator and as a fan?


Cole: I like pretty much all genres. My Apple Music account often shocks people because it’s all over the place genre wise. I love Rock, Rap, Punk,Metal, EDM, Pop, and Jazz music! I’ve been working in alternative/pop and it’s where I wanna be! But I definitely would love to dabble in all types of genres. Every record I make I do wanna try and change my sound. So I definitely will be experimenting in different genres. That’s the beauty of Pop music, you can incorporate so many styles of music into it and put your own twist on different genres. As to which ones, you’ll have to wait and see! 


Q. 10) What would you like to share about your upcoming Free Me From My Mind (feat. Momantic) and why every music fan should listen to it? 


Cole: Free Me From My Mind is a song that deals with the effects of being trapped in the confines of ones own mind. It’s a song I wrote with Momantic hoping to shed light on mental health issues. This song is an extremely personal song as all my songs are off my EP Perspective. I think the song is quiet different sounding that Girl Underwater so I think anyone who has heard Girl Underwater will definitely be in for a treat! 


PRE-SAVE TODAY! LISTEN FOR FREE when the song releases on July 16th! Click here!


Girl Underwater Lyrics Video:-





Connect with Cole Pryor:-






All of his Links


Cole Pryor Website


Cole Pryor Spotify


Cole Pryor SoundCloud


Cole Pryor Apple Music


Cole Pryor FaceBook


Cole Pryor Instagram


Cole Pryor Twitter


 Cole Pryor YouTube Channel


TikTok - colepryormusic

Contact Cole Pryor - Colepryormusic@yahoo.com


Connect with Momantic :-





Momantic Instagram


Momantic Spotify


Momantic Apple Music





Read the written interview from April 2021 about The Girl Underwater



About the Interviewer-

DarshD is a blogger, volunteer staff (writer-reviewer-interviewer-PR) since 2019 at https://ehpodcasts.com , management finance grad, Science Communicator and a content creator (with 10+ years exp) trying to get important information across the globe in the best possible way!

Contact links- https://linktr.ee/darshd555

* GET STRESS FREE through Animation, memes, and comedy, check out Christian Neace YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbCXGpNNx_qT7SiutTjKH-Q

* Get Vintage Stuff from Perihelion's Esty Shop- https://www.etsy.com/shop/PerihelionsEmporium & FREE TO WATCH Horror Film "Smiling Woman" here- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBYGUn6Q7tQ Her Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/merlyndasol/ Her Music Videos Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWHhcyxua2vGlhWs6JMP33Q CAST her in your film- [Backstage Profile]- https://www.backstage.com/u/merlynda-sol/ KNOW YOUR FUTURE through Merlynda Sol's Mistral Tarot YouTube - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjBKg5qPRleUKa2jMfhkbig/featured

* Get your name here by becoming my Patreon member for as low as $1 :-- https://www.patreon.com/DarshD555

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Paul Dulski and M.J. Myers - Creators of From Beyond… The Killer Popcorn Monster Horror Comic

How to make the best decisions in life?

How To Concentrate & Avoid Social Media Distractions, FOMO (Fear OF Missing Out)